The advent of social media has brought in a new dimension into the business world, giving opportunities to small businesses to operate like large ones and bring about a turn around irrespective of their limited resources. But it’s quite unfortunate that not every business out there knows exactly how to use these tools in promoting a business on social media.
Are you also ignorant of social media marketing for small businesses? Right here, we have crafted strategic tips on the best ways to market your business on social and get the best result from it.
Our Top 5 Social Media Tips:
1. Make Plans
When it comes to social media marketing for small businesses, you can’t afford to go ahead without planning and carefully crafting out your every step. This is the major reason why this is coming first oh our list. The planning procedure here is based on that of Hootsuite six-step guides which are:
- Setting your goals right- Social media marketing goes beyond just the likes, comments and retweets, you have to have goals that are specific, measurable, appealing, realistic and periodic. Getting this right will help you define your goals and what you expect getting by making use of a particular social media platform.
- Prepare Your account – This simply has to do with making the right choice as to what social media platforms to start with and how to make your account stand out.
- Prepare a social media calendar – Remember it’s a social world where you to have to feed your followers with content periodically. Preparing a social media calendar will give you a clear picture of how often you want to tweet, or post, how to plan ahead and prepare something tangible and of value.
2. Decide On Which Social Media Platform To Start With
There are several social media platforms within your reach that can help you promote your business. But it is always more rewarding to make a choice and get started with one. To mention a few of these social media platforms, we have Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
3. Determine Your Audience
There is no denying the fact that there are billions of people all over the world making use of social media platforms. But for you to promote your business on social media, you need to have a target audience. The fact is you can’t possibly reach out to everyone and if you do, you will be wasting too many resources.
Getting to know your target audience will help you in focusing on them alone, which will, in turn, give more return. This can be done by carrying out market research which involves the collection of demographic data from the social media platform you wish to target and using it to get an idea of your target customers.
4. Have A Marketing Strategy
Promoting business on social media is more than just mere tweeting and posting content. The primary purpose of doing this is to market what your business has to offer. For you to achieve this, you need to have marketing strategies in place. These strategies cover what you post on your social media page and the value they add to your potential customers.
5. Make Use Of Videos and Pictures
The eyes of man are visually hungry. You have been able to feed the eyes of your potential customers on social media is an added advantage. The use of visuals works well in any platform, but you need to avoid excessive usage. Contents and visuals can also be integrated to get the best possible result.
Business is all about making connections and getting in touch with potential customers and investors. With these tips on how to market your business on social media, you get to put your business on the world map and meet your goals.